Friday February 27, 2004
Iraq Charitable Freight
The Iraq Friendship organisation in Christchurch wanted to send to Iraq food, clothing, or other items deemed useful for the population of that country.
The Iraq Friendship in Christchurch was set-up as a charitable trust, based in Christchurch with the following objectives:
- To Promote mutual understanding, goodwill and friendship between the peoples of Iraq and Canterbury
- To foster interest in and promote the study of Iraq, its history, cultural and political life
- To raise money for humanitarian and educational purposes
Photo: LT Emma Tomas and WO2 Dave McLelland handing over the freight to Dr. Mahmoud Shakir Abdul Kareem.
A consignment was approved for carriage aboard an RNZAF flight to Basra on
the 11 Feb 04.
The items included were:
- Some music books & notes as well as strings for the school of music & Bale
- 12 Posters for primary school class, ( 3 types, multiplication table, English
alphabet & telling the time)
This page was last reviewed 29 September, 2011 and is current.