THE QUEEN'S MEDAL FOR CHAMPION SHOTS OF THE NEW ZEALAND NAVAL FORCES REGULATIONS 1958
PURSUANT to the Royal Warrant dated the thirtieth day of April, 1958* instituting and creating the Queen's Medal for Champion Shots of the New Zealand Naval Forces, the Minister of Defence hereby makes the following regulations, approved by The Queen.
1. These regulations may be cited as the Queen's Medal for Champion Shots of the New Zealand Naval Forces Regulations 1958.
2. The Medal for the New Zealand Naval Forces shall be competed for under service rifle championship conditions and awarded to the winner of the Naval Rifle Championship and that meeting. All competitors must be actual serving members of Royal New Zealand Navy, or of the reserve or auxiliary Naval Forces of New Zealand.
Register of Recipients
3. A register of those to whom the Medal or Clasp has been awarded in the New Zealand naval Forces shall be maintained by Her Majesty's Government in New Zealand.
- If the service of a recipient of the Medal in the New Zealand Naval Forces is terminated for misconduct or for neglect of duty, he or she shall be liable, at the discretion of the Minister of Defence of New Zealand, to forfeit the Medal and any Clasp thereto.
- Any holder of the Medal who is convicted of treason, sedition, mutiny, cowardice, desertion, or disgraceful conduct of an unnatural kind shall forfeit the Medal and any Clasp thereto.
4. A Medal, and any Clasp thereto, forfeited under regulation 4(1), may be restored at the discretion of the Minister of Defence.
Dated at Wellington this ninth day of July 1958.
PHILLIP G. CONNOLLY
Minister of Defence.
Issued under the authority of the Regulations Act 1936.
Date of notification in Gazette: 19 February 1959.
These regulations are administered in the Naval Office.
WELLINGTON, NEW ZEALAND: Printed under the authority of the New Zealand Government,
by R.E. OWEN, Government Printer--1959
4282- 59 G
This page was last reviewed 29 September, 2011 and is current.